Gourmet Popcorn with Primo Oils
Popcorn is one of our favorite late night treats and then one night we had a popcorn epiphany! We started using our flavored Olive Oils to substitute for butter in our popcorn making. Now our popcorn is a gourmet treat.Olive Oil has multiple health benefits and the added flavor bonus gives popcorn a fun twist.Here’s how to make popcorn the gourmet way with one of our flavored Olive Oils.
- electric popcorn maker or a pot
- ⅓ cup popcorn for 2 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil of your choice
- salt to taste
- Use an electric popcorn maker or a pot on your stove. Either way, you’ll start by measuring out your popcorn. (We use 1/3 cup for 2 people)
- Measure about 2 Tbs of the olive oil of your choice. Gently heat.
- Pop the popcorn!
- Toss popcorn with olive oil and salt. Alternating and tossing the popcorn so the olive oil and salt are evenly distributed.
Here are some of our favorite flavor combinations:
- Butter Olive Oil and Black Truffle Sea Salt
- Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and Thyme
- Garlic Olive Oil and Black Pepper
- Garlic Olive Oil and Parmesan Cheese (dried Kraft works best)
- Basil Olive Oil and Sun-dried Tomatoes (chop the sun-dried tomatoes very fine before adding)
- Chipotle Olive Oil and Lime Olive Oil
- Fused Blood Orange Olive Oil and Cinnamon and Sugar
- Rosemary Olive Oil and Black Pepper
- White Truffle Olive Oil and Black Pepper
- Wild Mushroom & Sage and Black Truffle Sea Salt