These homemade southern style biscuits are made with Greek yogurt and completely no butter. Instead, they’re made with almond milk and olive oil for an easy biscuit recipe that’s completely easy and vegan. These fluffy biscuits are a great addition to any meal, and they’re perfect for a side dish
Southern Style Biscuits made with Olive Oil Via OliveTomato.com
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 Celsius).
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the olive oil and rub with your fingers, until the flour mixture is a bit like crumbs.
- Mix the yogurt and milk in a small bowl. Add to the flour and mix slowly with a spoon until everything is incorporated. If it is too dry, add a bit of milk. The dough will be sticky and soft.
- Add a bit of flour to your hands and surface and shape dough in a ball. Spread out on a surface, and fold again a couple of times. Pat out so thickness is about 1 inch, cut in 2 to 2 ½ inch (5-6 cm) circles (I used a small glass).
- Place on a baking pan, one slightly touching the other (according to Alton Brown this helps them rise more).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden (mine were done at 15 minutes, so start checking them a bit before).
- Remove and enjoy.