Pizza with Figs, Prosciutto, Carmelized Onions, Fig Balsamic and Arugula
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1 each 1 lb. package purchased pizza dough
- 2 cups Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 6 Small fresh or dried figs, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- ¾ cup Diced Sweet onions
- 4 Tbs Primo Early Harvest Spanish Picual or Organic Garlic EVOO, divided
- 2 Tbs Primo Fig Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- 2 Tbs Ground pepper
- 8 Thin slices prosciutto cut into thin strips
- 8 cups Arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle large rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12×10-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared sheet. Brush dough with 2 Tbs Primo Picual EVOO. Sprinkle Gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a sauce pan, sauté the onions in 1 Tbs Primo Picual EVOO over medium heat until translucent. Set aside.
- Place figs in medium bowl; drizzle 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar over. Set aside.
- Bake pizza until crust golden brown on bottom, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately scatter prosciutto slices, covering pizza completely. Arrange onions and fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer pizza to cutting board. Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar and EVOO in large bowl; add arugula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Mound salad atop pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.