Basil Parmesan Zoodles
Quick, light and flavorfull this zoodles recipe is one of our favorites for summer.
- oven proof skillet
- 2 Large Zucchini or 1 Package of Zoodles
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Basil Olive Oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes we love the fresh tomatoes from Garey Farms at the farmers market
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make zoodles if you're using whole zucchinis, otherwise just open your package from the store.
- Place skillet on stove on med-high heat. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil and add zoodles. Cook, stirring frequently 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dice fresh tomatoes until you have about 1 cup. Add 1 Tbsp of Basil Olive Oil to tomatoes. Add tomato mixture to zoodles and cook until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano on top of zoodle mixture.
- Place skillet under the broiler watching closely. Zoodle dinner is ready when the cheese is melty and the tomatoes are a little blistery.
- Stir skillet.
- Plate zoodles with a drizzle of Basil Olive Oil, freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a sprikle of fresh basil.
This is not only a great week-night meal it's also the perfect end of summer meal to enjoy the great produce still at the farmers markets. We particularly love the tomatoes from Garey Farms. If you stop by his booth tell him we say HI! We love to layer both our Garlic Olive Oil and Basil Olive Oil into this recipe. It creates a delicious layering affect of flavor. This makes a great side to bring to a backyard BBQ or a wonderful main dish for those week nights where it's still too hot to eat anything heavy. Here's a great zoodles making video if you want to learn how to make your own.