Dark Chocolate Balsamic Tiramisu
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 pound Mascarpone (At Room Temperature)
- 1 ¾ cups Cooled Espresso
- 3 tbsp Primo Aged Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 24 Ladyfingers (available at Plehn’s Bakery)
- ⅓ cup Bittersweet Chocolate Shavings
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes. Add room temperature mascarpone to the egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and 1 tablespoon of balsamic and mix until thoroughly combined. In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining espresso and Dark Chocolate Balsamic.
- Briefly dip each ladyfinger into espresso mixture. Allowing the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart.
- Place the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.
- Evenly spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to six.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with chocolate shavings.